CONTENTS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

FOQ - Reflections 2

Perhaps it was the time spent on the tombola stand or in the galleries but I feel as though I bought less than anyone else in blogworld - the Quilt National Book, Chungie Lee's Pojagi and beyond book, a piece of silk organza and some threads seems to some it up.

Having watched (and listened) to Margaret's hand stitching in the Pojagi class (more on this tomorrow perhaps?) I decided that it is time to give it a go. I've always been frustrated by my lack of speed when hand-stitching, but that is missing the point entirely so I bought a mixed pack of perle cotton from Winifred Cottage. I deliberately chose a colour mix that I don't normally work with. The following day having mulled over the pojagi class I decided that I had the germ of an idea for next CQ challenge and bought some silk organza from Mulberry Silks.

No one could have been more surprised than I was when I finally unpacked my goodies, they weren't bought to go together, I'm not sure that they ever will, but I'm left wondering where the influence for these colour choices came from.

No comments: